Enjoy a full traditional Arabic breakfast made up of Falafel/Maanessh/Fattet Hummus/ and Muhalabiyeh along with a sweet mint tea to awaken your senses
A very healthy dish made with green wheat, and chicken, served with a side of galayet bandoora, yoghurt, hummus/muttabal
Warning: file_get_contents(https://beitsitti.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/img_0890-scaled-1.webp): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/customer/www/beitsitti.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor-imagick.php on line 154
Fun Places to Go in Amman if you’re a foodie:
- When you visit Amman, take a stroll to the vegetable market downtown for some fresh produce.
- While you’re in downtown Amman, stop by Sara’s fish restaurant, where you pick the fish you want and they cook it for you.
- The Citadel! My favorite place. They just opened up a restaurant called Dar Nemeh.
- I would pack up my sandwiches from Falafel Al Quds and head downtown to the roman amphitheatre for a nice picnic.
- Try a cooking class at Beit Sitti. I recommend making the Makloubeh menu!
- Shawerma Reem for lunch then to Tamriyet Omar for dessert. Both are within walking distance from each other on the second circle. Don’t know where they are? Look for the two tiny shops with a long line of locals waiting for their food.
- Wine tasting at JR, the wine experience.
- Najla’s Kitchen for lunch. Call ahead to see what they are making that day.
- K&K for the adventurous eater, where you will be feasting on intestines and feet..not for the faint of heart.
- Shams Al Balad for a nice breakfast.
- Visit 3izwati if you’re feeling generous, the idea is that you buy a meal for yourself and for a person in need. It is located in a little nook in Jabal Al Weibdeh, on the stairs taking you down to Al Kalha.
- Auberge in downtown Amman serves the best Kafta Bil Sanieh. It used to be the first bar that opened up in Amman and you will find the biggest range of people from your local taxi driver, to the madams of Amman all having arak at the same place.
- Nothing beats Abu Saleh’s ‘street coffee’. Order yours sweet “hilweh”, with little sugar “a’al reeha”, no sugar “sadda’’.
- Tickle your fancy side at Sufra on Rainbow Street. Alternatively, you can go for Lebanese mezze style places like Fakhr el Din or Karam Beirut, both equally fantastic. A bit pricey but worth the trip, while at Karam Beirut, order Hummus Karam, Raheb Salad, Shanklish, baked Bureks, kibbeh Maaliyeh, Arayes, Tabbouleh and Fattoush. For dessert, Kishta Bil Asal, and Osmalieh. At Fakhr El Din; ask for the chicken pistachio balls, hummus, mutabal, the cheese Sfeeha (my cousin Leen’s favorite), fattoush, baba ghanouj. For dessert, Osmaliyeh, Halawet El Jibn, and of course, order mashawi at both.
- Unleash your inner hippy at Rumi Café if it’s sunny, or check out Al Manara if its cold in Jabal Al Weibdeh for a nice morning coffee.
If you’re looking for adventure and culture-oriented activities in Amman:
- Walk with Dania, a lawyer who guides you through Amman when she’s not lawyering. Check out Danias walking tours of downtown Amman and Jabal Al Weibdeh. She’s fantastic! Find her on Instagram @Dtour.
- Call Cycle Jordan to rent your bikes for a nice ride around Amman’s Dabouq area, this happens around the King Hussein Park, also lovely for nice walks inside.
- You can then check out the Royal Automobile Museum for most of his late Majesty King Husseins’ awesome car collection, 007 styles!
- For family activities in Amman, especially if you have kids, the Childrens’ Museum is definitely something you have to visit.
- Walkthrough Rainbow Street and check out the cool shops. Make sure to stop for some shisha at one of the many places that serve it.
- Fast Walkers Amman is great for a fun thing to do at night.
- Walk the steps of the amphitheatre in downtown Amman.
- Stop by the side of the airport road for some lovely pottery and garden furniture before heading back home. You’ll also find great gift ideas.
- Fly kites at the Citadel at sundown.
- Ok! This is not in Amman, but while you’re in Jordan, I would suggest you plan it for the day, you have to!!!! Hike through one of our wadis. Don’t skip this! There are a couple of close ones to Amman, it takes around 1-2 hours to get there and 4-5 hours in total to hike. But go with a guide as you will need the equipment.
- Check out the Friday market downtown – “thrift store with a flare”. Go early to snag a couple of good pieces.
- Carakale Brewery on the outskirts of Amman offers a fun day with friends. You can also bring your own food. (Check my recommendations on food above).
- Spend a lovely day walking through Darat Al Funun and Dar Al Anda, on the same street as Beit Sitti on Mohammad Ali Al Saadi Street.
- Visit the Bisharats’ Diwan Al Duke, and meet the man behind it all.
- A day hike in one of our parks, Wasfi Al Tal is my favorite. Amman National Park also has some beautiful hikes. It’s worth mentioning that Wadi Al Shitta is a lovely place to go for a hike with your pets.
Amman is the city of seven hills, and every one of its hills holds something precious. These areas include Jabal Al Weibdeh, Jabal Amman, Jabal Al Natheef, Jabal Al Akhdar, Jabal al Qala and Jabal Al Hussein, and Jabal Al Nuzha.
Each has appealing features, with coloured stairs and graffiti, but this is what I think of when I think of each of our Jabals – (hills):
Jabal Al Weibdeh: food and art scene.
Jabal Al hussein: Luna Park, which I used to go to when I was kid, and a whole lot of shopping.
Jabal Al Akhdar: as green as can be, it’s mostly residential though.
Jabal Al Natheef: community work.
Jabal Al Qalaa: the actual citadel, also there’s a place that sells neon lights that are shaped in funky ways! Check it out! Super cool.
Jabal Amman: Rainbow Street.
Walk down all of these Jabals and you will end up in downtown Amman
My city is fanatic! Amman is also a big melting pot of cultures with all the refugees that came to Jordan. The street food scene knows no end with Iraqi, Palestinian, Lebanese, Jordanian, Circassian, Egyptian, Yemani, and Lebanese dishes all over the city.