1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent and fragrant.
1. Add the lentils to the pot and stir well to coat them with the onion and oil mixture.
2. Pour in 4 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot partially. Let the lentils simmer for about 20 minutes or until they are no longer hard.
3. Add the chopped Swiss chard and lemon juice to the pot, stirring to combine. If needed, add more water to achieve your desired soup consistency.
4. Bring the soup to a boil again, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
5. Stir in the pomegranate molasses and season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as desired.
6. Serve the Adas bi Hamud soup hot, garnished with a sprinkle of sumac if desired. Enjoy the hearty flavors and the refreshing touch of lemon!
Note: You can adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more water if desired. Additionally, feel free to garnish with additional chopped Swiss chard leaves or a drizzle of olive oil for extra flavor.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup lentils
4 cups water
1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
1 teaspoon sumac (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste