1. Wash the rice well, around three times until the water is clear and leave to soak for around 20 minutes
2. Drain the water then mix the ground meat, some cooking oil and add spices
3. Cut the cabbage from the stem in a circular manner and place it into a pot with some salted boiling water for approx. 3minutes.
Make sure to remove the soft leaves as soon as they are soft enough to roll.
4. Cut the leaves to form a cigar size roll. Place stuffing on each leaf, fold sides toward center and roll up from bottom into a cigar shape (similar with stuffed vine leaves). Do not over stuff; make sure that you have space for the rice to expand inside the cabbage rolls.
5. Using a pot place the layers of the saved stems at the bottom of the pot to prevent the cabbage rolls from burning add pomegranate molasses , then line up the cabbage rolls on top of each other
6. Make sure to place some whole garlic cloves in between the layers as it gives it flavor.
7.Add water and lemon, boil then simmer for an hour to an hour and a half. Halfway through the cooking time add crushed garlic on top. Simmer gently until rice is tender in barely enough water to cover.
8. Once all the water has evaporated flip the pot onto a serving plate and you are ready to eat, You can have this dish with yogurt and cucumber salad Enjoy,
1 small cabbage
1 1/2 cup rice
1/4 k ground beef or ground lamb
4-5 garlic cloves unpeeled
1 cup lemon juice
1tspn mixed spice
1 tbspn pomegranate molasses
1tspn Beit Sitti Stock mix (optional)
1tspns Black Pepper