1. Soak the bulgur in warm water for 5 minutes and then rinse. It will fluff up.
2. Soak the bulgur wheat in the dressing made of 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3⁄4 teaspoon salt 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper and let it soak for another 10 minutes
3. Finely chop the parsley, mint and spring onions. Dice the tomatoes and cucumbers into 1⁄4 inch squares. Combine all ingredients together followed by the dressing including the bulgur wheat and mix well.
4. Add 1⁄4 cup olive oil and mix thoroughly again.
5. Check that the amount of salt pepper lemon juice and oil are to your liking and add to your preference.
You can garnish with fresh lettuce and use it to scoop the Tabbouleh up to eat. Enjoy!
1⁄4 cup fine bulgur wheat
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1 cup cold water
2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (from 3 bunches)
1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
2 medium ripe tomatoes
1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, cored (optional)
1-2 spring onions
juice of 1 squeezed lemon